Tuesday, November 01, 2005

FotS Recommend: #2 in an Occasional Series

The DittyBops


A friend recommended this band. I must confess I know nothing about them, but the tunes are great. The band appears to be centred around a duo comprising two girls who play mandolin and guitar respectively and who combine together on some excellent harmony vocals. However, the live section and the album reveals them playing with a backing band at times.

What I like most about this band is the playful nature of the songs – there put me in mind of nursery rhymes, or 1940s and '50s show tunes, and this is the main reason I like the songs so much. Particularly so at this moment in time because we’ve been writing a few along similar lines oursevles, so The Dittybops certainly struck a chord. I’ve always tried to have fun with words, but it’s a new thing for me to have fun with the tune…

I’m unable to post a link to songs on their site but there is a sweet little jukebox thing on there that allows you to hear full length versions and also read the lyrics. I did, however, come across a video for ‘Wishful Thinking’, which is a standout track on the record and was presumably a single.

The Dittybops – Wishful Thinking (Video)

If anyone knows more info on the band then let us know.

Enjoy….

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 08:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rashguards are probably the most important thing a guy in a band that plays melodic rock, folk and country can wear.

Thanks for the tips

Cam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home